Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for an Engineering Manager for our SRE team.
What you will do:
- Lead, grow and mentor a team of experienced SREs
- Lead efforts to monitor site reliability and drive improvements to reliability and scalability
- Lead, participate in, and drive work to design, build, maintain and improve core infrastructure
- Participate in broad site architecture efforts to drive improvements to overall site scalability, performance and resilience
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years of experience in a large-scale production environment
- 3+ years of experience of people management leading and mentoring highly technical teams
- Ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and leaders across the company
- Strong programming skills in at least 1 object-oriented language such as Python, Java, Go, Ruby, Rust, etc (you will not be writing code day-to-day, but you should be able to review code
- Hands-on experience with configuration management systems (Ansible is a plus)
- Strong familiarity with AWS
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.