Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer for our International Payments & Risk team.
What you will do
- Lead and contribute to the design and development of a new suite of product capabilities at Patreon
- Advocate for best patterns and practices in the area system design, performance, and testing
- Foster clarity and alignment on technical vision and direction
- Advocate for engineering systems and solutions that will accelerate product development in the long-run
- Write clear and concise technical documentation on system design and implementation
- Build a strong product-minded, engineering culture by mentoring and guiding engineers
Skills and experience you possess
- 5+ years of experience in software development, primarily on frontend
- Enforces a high standard of quality and craft with an eye for UX and engineering detail
- Experience with React and React Native
- Good knowledge and understanding of modern web technologies, specifically GraphQL and REST
- Experience with build tools like Webpack, Babel, and CircleCI
- Preference for practicality over dogmatism
- Penchant for solving complex requirements with elegant and simple solutions
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn