The Second Renaissance is Here. Come Join Us.
Our mission has always been to enable creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love them. Today, there are over 200,000 creators sharing their work on Patreon, earning over $100M per month from more than 7 million patrons across the world. We’re incredibly humbled by the opportunity to help so many creators pursue their dreams and build passionate communities around them. And we’re just getting started.
To kick our mission into high gear, we’ve recently raised a Series F funding round of $155M at a $4B valuation. That's over three times bigger than where we were just six months ago! This is proof of the incredible power and potential of creators, and of building this explosive economy. We’ve been funding the creative class since 2013 and have raised a total of $410M from the following investors: Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, NEA, Lone Pine Capital, Glade Blook, Tiger Global Management, Woodline Partners, CRV and Wellington.
To learn more about our origin story, check out Guz Raz’s How I Built This with Patreon co-founders, Jack Conte and Sam Yam.
Our goal is to transform the Patreon brand to power the growing dreams of our creators, large and small. To do so, we are seeking an experienced Senior Social Media Manager that can catapult our Instagram, Twitter and TikTok channels with a killer strategy and even more killer content. We’re looking for someone that lives and breathes social, can drop strategic gems like it’s nothing and isn’t afraid of taking big, bold risks to win.
This role can be based in Los Angeles or San Francisco, CA, and we welcome weird and wonderful warriors.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Social Strategy: Bring our brand to life by defining a best-in-class social strategy and build a golden standard for content across our social channels.
- Content & Creative: Develop, produce and publish inspiring and trend setting content and franchises that align with the overarching social strategy.
- Campaigns: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to launch brand and content campaigns and initiatives.
- Paid Social: Partner with an outside agency to plan and run paid social media budgets across platforms
- Community: Expert in building, maintaining and growing social communities and managing crisis social communications.
- Reporting: Develop and resource for a robust social reporting strategy and be prepared to pivot team quickly based on new findings and data trends, as well as learnings and insights drawn from robust community management and engagement.
- Partnerships: Work with talent and influencers and managing influencer-based campaigns
- Team Leadership: Inspire a social marketing team to achieve ambitious outcomes in funding the creative class.
- 7+ years social media marketing, helping define world class brands across social platforms with smart, engaging strategies and content.
- Comprehensive understanding of and fluency across social platforms, including video-based social media platforms, features, and formats, specifically TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, and Instagram Reels
- Proven ability to develop and grow social communities.
- High EQ with proven experience in building social communities inclusive of large and diverse audiences.
- Partner and agency management.
- Exceptional ability to identify breakthrough content.
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?