Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energising their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Executive Assistant to join our New York City team and support our Chief Product Officer.
What you will do:
- Manage calendar events for the executives you support, through Google calendar
- Proactively remind the executives of their scheduled events and generally keep them on track day to day, hour to hour
- Coordinate off-sites and events for the teams you support
- Curate meeting agendas, materials and presentations
- Attend meetings, take notes, track action items
- Collaborate with stakeholders on deliverables
- Book all executive travel and prioritize press interviews, speaking engagements, events requests, etc
- Maintain, organize, and code receipts, expenses, and reimbursements
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years EA experience (growth stage start ups preferred)
- Experience working with Engineering and/or Product teams preferred
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Exercises sound judgment, confidentiality and professionalism
- Moves quickly without sacrificing efficiency or effectiveness
- Prioritizes shifting demands with a high degree of accuracy and consistent follow up
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to help with internal communications
- Advanced knowledge of business-related tools including Google Suite, Dropbox Paper, Slack, etc.
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn