Do you believe that creators should get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers exclusive content and community experiences for creators with established followings. Patreon provides creators with the insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a world-class Strategy & Operations Manager to join the SF or LA team.
The Strategy & Operations team plays a critical role in defining and driving strategic, operational and organizational improvements for Patreon. In this role you will develop a broad understanding of how the GTM Organization drives creator acquisition, growth and trust, as well as the roles and interdependencies across all our Patreon teams. You will also gain deep insight into what is required for a company to scale marketing impact, both on a local and global level.
We are looking for a Strategy & Operations Manager who will help drive the performance and effectiveness of GTM at Patreon. You will partner with our Chief Revenue Officer and other business leads (Creator Partnerships, Brand, Marketing, Creator Success, Product Marketing) defining and evolving core business processes and operating models across the company. Key areas of responsibility include defining GTM’s business priorities, business plan, developing planning processes and driving agile project execution to achieve targets. In this role you will function as a key interface with operational functions across GTM - working proactively to ensure alignment of priorities and operations between GTM and other functions to drive real and sustainable impact. Excellent leadership, communication, and problem solving skills are essential for this role.What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain operational processes to support changes in the business.
- Lead development of functional budget planning and quarterly forecasts. Define and drive planning timelines and processes, collecting and consolidating input and plans from various teams along the way.
- Lead development of quarterly business reviews across GTM teams (Creator Partnerships, Brand, Marketing, Creator Success, Product Marketing)
- Drive development of agile operational models, ensuring team activities are continuously informed and optimized based on data driven insights
- Drive clarity of roles and responsibilities across teams in order to increase operational speed and agility.
- Partner with operational functions across Patreon - working proactively to ensure alignment and understanding of priorities.
- Develop the forums, processes and principles necessary to increase the speed and accuracy of decision making.
- Develop and drive communication tools and rhythm for GTM Organization updates, directed at teams both within and outside of GTM.
- Ensure functional learnings and operational best-practices are shared and leveraged across functions.
Who you are:
- 4-5+ years of work experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank, or early stage technology company.
- MBA from a top-tier business school preferred, but not required
- You have solid problem solving, analytical, and presentation skills, with an exceptional ability to multitask and prioritize.
- You have experience managing large cross-functional projects and workshops.
- You can distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans.
- You have experience working in a global setting and with sales or marketing leadership.
- You have a passion for and deep understanding of the technology and creator marketplace.
- You possess strong business acumen with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their operational implications.
- You’re an expert in Powerpoint, Excel, data analysis and modeling.
- You’re a team player, fast learner, and have a creative, fun attitude and you are extremely comfortable with ambiguity.
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?