Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
In the last year alone, we’ve doubled the number of people on our platform and have paid out over $1 Billion to creators. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a VP of Engineering to lead our Engineering organization both in the US and Europe. This role will report directly to the CPO.
What you will do:
- Lead our overall Engineering organization and manage, coach, and support a team of engineering leaders
- Rapidly scale the engineering organization by hiring and retaining exceptional talent and designing organizations, systems, and tools to help us scale effectively
- Establish a world class engineering culture dedicated to craft, quality, and impact
- Bring a high level of technical expertise, guidance, and decision making to all areas of the organization including infrastructure, payments, mobile, internal tools, devops. Establish and execute on our long term technical plans.
- Work closely with Product, Design, and GTM leadership on strategic planning, product development, and execution
- Work closely with our executive team on acquisitions and strategic partnerships
- Lead with a creator first orientation for our products and a caring people focused orientation for our teams
Skills and experience you possess:
- 10+ years experience and 4+ years leadership experience (CTO, VP Eng, Sr Director) at a startup, preferably during the rapid team and business scaling phase. Preferably have managed a 100+ person engineering organization.
- Highly technical with expertise in infrastructure, architecture, mobile development, and devops. Strong passion for the craft of engineering.
- Demonstrated excellence in effectively scaling the engineering organization through hiring and organizational design. Strong passion for the people and culture side of engineering organizations.
- Passion for product excellence and experience working in organizations with strong collaboration between Engineering, Product, Design, and Business functions
- Direct experience working on a two-sided platform or marketplace a plus. A passion for creators and culture is a huge plus, or even if you are a creator yourself!
- Computer Science (or similar) background
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn