Do you believe that creators should get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers exclusive content and community experiences for creators with established followings. Patreon provides creators with the insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking to fill a UX Sr. Researcher, that will work closely with our product teams.
You will bring a strong foundation in UX Research methods, flexibility, and the ability to help teams drive towards decision making. We seek someone that is an eager collaborator and has experience working cross-culturally and cross-functionally (Design, Data Science, Product Management, Market Research, Eng, Operations, etc.).
What you will do:
- Drive business and product decisions based on sound Research
- Conduct foundational research to help Patreon assess and prioritize opportunities across multiple verticals and global markets
- Plan and conduct research to deeply understand Patreon’s users and potential users
- Communicate insights and evangelize the voice of the user across the company
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years of experience OR a relevant graduate degree and 3+ years of experience
- Experience conducting research with global audiences
- Enjoy working with a great degree of autonomy and comfortable prioritizing across multiple teams
- An entrepreneurial approach to research projects
- You have demonstrated the ability to drive business and product decisions based on research
Bonus points for:
- The ability to conduct research in languages other than research
- A background in behavioral science and experimentation
- Expertise in survey design and analysis
- Previous experience working on two-sided marketplaces
- A passion for the creative economy
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?