Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Content Moderation Specialist to join our Omaha team.
What you would do:
- Investigate users reported for violations of our content policies.
- Communicate 1:1 with our creators to address violations and guide them through our policies.
- Investigate and respond to inquiries from users in areas of responsibility owned by the Content Moderation team.
- Help research and implement best practices as we build our global Content Moderation team
Skills you possess:
- 1-2 years of Trust and Safety experience, preferably relating to content moderation or community moderation / management.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume startup environment.
- Able to balance empathy with skepticism while investigating potential violations.
- Interest in recording and analyzing data to find trends.
- Passion for and interest in Patreon and our mission.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Identify policy gray areas and make recommendations.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Judgment and communication skills as you balance enforcing the rules with deep empathy for creators.
- Encyclopedic knowledge of trust and safety responsibilities for a platform that processes payments and hosts user generated content, including enforcement of content policy.
- Develop risk assessments and work on large-scale projects to drive our goal of funding the creative class.
- How to collaborate with cross-functional partners on the Policy, Risk Product, Risk Engineering, and Go-To-Market teams.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.