Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Finance Manager, Go-to-Market to join our Finance team.
What you will do
- Business partnering: You will be expected to develop deep working relationships with GTM leadership, data science, accounting, and other business teams to provide financial guidance and strategic advice on all things sales and marketing.
- LTV:CAC analyses: Build and own LTV to CAC analyses for both sales and marketing teams. Update the analyses on a monthly basis and provide commentary for Exec reporting.
- Expense forecast: Partner with the marketing team to develop marketing expense forecasts and get alignment with the Exec team for each planning cycle. Work with the accounting team to do monthly accruals and provide commentary on actuals vs plan variances.
- GTM funnel forecast: Own and drive the company level forecasting model for site-wide traffic and creator acquisition as part of financial planning. Update the model on a monthly basis and provide commentary on actuals vs plan to the GTM leadership team.
- Support strategic decision-making: Help GTM team evaluate investment opportunities and initiatives from a financial perspective by quantifying the impact on revenue and margins.
- Financial processes: Continuously scale and improve financial processes as the business grows.
What we are looking for
- Preferred Experience: 8+ years of work experience with Marketing/Sales/GTM FP&A teams of a fast growing E-Commerce, Marketplace or SaaS company including an earlier experience in investment banking, consulting or buy-side investing.
- Degree: Degree in quantitative field preferred (e.g. Finance, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.).
- FP&A Skills: Excellent business partnering skills, ability to prepare forecast models from scratch, perform quantitative deep dives to get to the core of the issue, and ability to work in a cross-functional environment providing support to various business leads.
- Technical Skills: Mastery of Excel with the ability to build large scale financial models that are flexible enough to drive real time business conversations. Willingness to work with SQL, Tableau, and other data mining tools.
- Soft Skills: Compassion while dealing with your teammates. Excellent communication skills of developing cogent arguments based on rigorous analyses and compiling those arguments in a way that aligns our teams around top priorities.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?