Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. Bringing Patreon to creators and patrons all over the world is essential to achieving our mission. In order to support this growth, we are looking for an Engineering Manager (Payments) to join our growing team in Dublin.
What you will do:
- Build and manage a team of engineers responsible for the development of the payment and billing systems at Patreon.
- Be involved in transitioning our monolithic codebase to a micro-service based architecture.
- Build the technical foundation that enables international payments, payouts and reconciliation.
- Support customer and merchant initiated transactions. Improve performance and reliability of the payments and billing systems.
- Put together payments performance metrics and dashboards.
- Guide your direct reports' career development, ensure they achieve their business outcomes, and support them to model engineering excellence at Patreon.
- Contribute and guide the technical strategy and roadmap of payments engineering at Patreon.
- Own the technical direction of Patreon's payments architecture and infrastructure, in collaboration with tech leads and architects across Patreon Engineering.
- Manage staffing needs based on technical requirements in the Product and Engineering roadmap.
- Constantly improve our team practices and effectiveness.
- Work with people from all walks of life.
- Recruit, hire, and retain top tier talent.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have passion and working experience with various pay-in and payout methods across the globe as well as a practical understanding of how to apply that knowledge.
- You have working knowledge of microservices, Java, Python, SQL or Key-Value databases.
- You have experience managing technical people specialized in Payments and Billing systems.
- You have experience integrating with payment partners.
- You are a hands-on "player coach" technical leader, and as an experienced manager you focus on coaching, guiding, and supporting your direct reports.
- You have experience facilitating, participating, and contributing to technical discussions, including architecture reviews and technical roadmap planning.
- You have experience and opinions on what makes effective programming and testing practices.
- You know what keeps engineers engaged and love building healthy high-caliber teams.
- You know how to recruit from all backgrounds and interview consistently and combat bias.
- You can think strategically and keep the long term view in mind during day-to-day planning and collaboration.
What you will be able to accomplish:
- You will build a team that empowers a product that gets creators paid. You will help creators make a sustainable living and achieve higher levels of creativity.
- You will help us build a great engineering culture and a great company.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviours:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!
Want to learn more about Patreon?