Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our creator base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over a billion dollars directly to creators on our platform. To support this growth, Patreon is looking for a Data Scientist in Dublin, Ireland.
The Patreon Data Science team makes it easy to make Patreon better. We work fast and emphasize impact. We drive all teams at Patreon towards better decisions with research, analysis, modeling, and metrics. Our work culture is highly autonomous. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. Your work will ensure that teams at Patreon have the data they need to make great decisions about what to build next.
What you will do:
- Shape Patreon product strategy within our payments, risk, compliance, and tax product org by analyzing product performance, counseling our teams on defining success criteria, designing experiments, and measuring product efficacy
- Partner with teams across Patreon to inform strategy and evaluate success
- Build a culture of data-driven decision making at Patreon
- Dive into data to illuminate trends and answer key questions about our users
- Constantly improve our team practices and efficiency
- Work with people from all walks of life
- You have 3+ years experience helping product teams make great decisions with data
- You have solid analytical thinking -- you ask the right questions and can frame data correctly
- You are an expert querying large datasets
- You are fluent in Python and relevant data libraries (pandas, numpy), and know how to manipulate data in Excel
- You have a strong understanding of experimentation and statistical analysis
- You can crisply communicate complicated information in charts and dashboards
- You are an expert communicator with a love for clarity
Projects you may work on:
- Compliance: Using advanced data techniques to keep Patreon compliant with laws and regulations across all the areas in which we operate
- Tax: Working with our payments team to understand the product impacts of VAT & VAT collection
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Financial data science and partnering with product teams best practices
- What it looks like to internationalize a product used by millions of people around the world
- Advanced technical skills in SQL and Python, data visualisation, and data infrastructure
- Learn from an energetic Data Science team full of passion for our product, and teams of Product Managers, Designers and Engineers who are building the product
*Our data team works with a mix of Redshift, MySQL, Python, R, Excel, Tableau, and Amplitude.
*This role can be based in either NYC or Dublin, Ireland.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?