Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for Front-End Engineers to join us.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain the tools our frontend engineers need to do their jobs
- Own engineering projects from research and design to implementation and deployment.
- Write clear and concise technical documentation on system design and implementation
- Advocate for frontend best practices in the areas of performance, testing, and accessibility
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Maintain and support our frontend build infrastructure
- Ensure our application is highly available across modern mobile and web browsers and can localized to different languages
Skills and experience you possess:
- Fluency in web technologies
- A passion for keeping up with the continuously shifting landscape of frontend technologies
- You prefer practicality over dogmatism
Projects you may work on:
- Build and contribute to the tools and libraries that support internationalization
- Evolve our frontend build and test infrastructure
- Contribute to our design system Studio
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?