In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a data-driven and results-oriented Affiliate and Referral Marketing Manager to build and scale a world-class Affiliate Referral Program to take our inbound demand generation efforts to the next level by leveraging proven and creative solutions to drive measurable revenue impact. Combining your performance marketing skills, effective communication and creative chops, you will lead all affiliate and partnership campaign elements from ideation and execution to reporting across English-speaking markets (US, CA, AU, UK, etc.).
What you’ll do
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and set the precedent for Patreon’s Affiliate and Referral Program strategy; build out the affiliate payout structure, communications and a robust roster of key, high-value creator partners that drive brand equity and new creator launches.
- Identify and recruit affiliates (existing creators) to the program, and deepen relationships with existing creator affiliate partners.
- Automate operations and scale the Affiliate and Partner Program by proactively monitoring traffic sources to meet the 1,000 active creator partners goal in 1H 2021.
- Lead the creation (with the creative team), production and distribution of materials to communicate, educate and provide opportunities to market the Affiliate and Partner Program to Patreon Creators.
- Maintain direct communication, work with the creative team to regularly provide updated assets, recommend new campaigns, and provide performance feedback to creator affiliates.
- Collaborate with operations team to build performance metric dashboard and present learnings (i.e. # of creator partners recruited, CVR, # of conversions generated per creator partner) and actionable recommendations to the stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with Creative/Content, Data Science, Operations, Finance, Creator Success, and Compliance teams to build the payout structure, messaging, creative assets, communication strategy, and more.
- 5+ years of direct affiliate, partner and/or referral marketing experience at a start-up or a B2C company
- Expertise working with top 3rd party affiliate networks, i.e. Impact Radius (preferred), Rakuten, PepperJam, CJ, etc.
- Proven track record of establishing and running an ROI-positive internal Affiliate and Partner Program that directly drives high volume new creator launches.
- You are a great storyteller and communicator who can build relationships with a diverse set of internal/external stakeholders, vendors, partners and of course, our creators
- You’re just as comfortable powering through Excel models as you are whipping up white papers or creative presentations while meeting tight deadlines
- Possess enthusiasm, creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a growth-mindset
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish, German, French, or Italian language fluency)
How you’ll grow
- Your work will directly contribute to Patreon’s mission and bottom-line goals.
- You will have the opportunity to grow with the Performance Marketing function at Patreon and take on new projects as the organization grows.
- You will build deep relationships across the organization.
- You will be asked to draw and summarize insights.
- You will get to interact with interesting and influential creators across a variety of creator categories.
You’ll love working here if
- You care about getting artists and creators paid
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment
- You’re metrics-driven in your decision-making
- You strive to improve existing processes
- You want to work with teammates who excel at their jobs and have artistic talents
- You are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?