Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for Fullstack Engineer.
What you will do:
- You'll help scale and expand capabilities of Patreon's payment platform that helps creators get paid effectively and on time.
- Lead and contribute to the development and design of the Payments services and tools to support the payment processing at Patreon.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to define and implement alternate payment methods that increase Patreon offering for creators to choose their method to payin and payout.
- Integrate with 3rd party systems and implement new solutions to streamline processes.
- Collaborate with product management, designers, and other engineers to build new product functionality, while maintaining a delightful user experience, motivated by passion for our shared mission.
- Work with a supportive team to get things done with the right mix of quality and agility.
- Engineers joining now have tons of opportunities to take on responsibility and ownership and have a meaningful impact!
Skills and experience you possess:
- 3+ years of experience working as a software engineer ideally on a payments team
- You have experience working in systems handling high volume payment transactions.
- You have experience with Python, Java, or other object oriented programming languages.
- You have experience working with microservices architecture and domain driven engineering design approach for developing new microservices.
- You have experience building large scale and distributed software architecture.
- You have experience working with most AWS offered Saas and Paas services.
- You have experience building payments related products and features.
- You have experience building user-facing products.
- You have experience shipping quality code, releasing early, and iterating rapidly.
- You have experience in working with data-driven applications at scale.
- You have opinions on what makes effective programming and testing practices.
- You have the soft skills to come up with resolutions with the team regardless of different perspectives and timezones.
- You are smart about scheduling and planning.
- You know how to write clear code.
- Experience working with finance technologies is a nice-to-have.
Projects you may work on:
- Architecting and implementing microservices framework for Payment platform.
- Integrating multiple payment methods (Domestic and international) for user to pay on platform
- Enable the payment platform to process payments in multiple currencies.
- Offer a delightful user experience for the features we ship.
- Building tools to help internal stakeholders to gain clarity and manage the finance need.
- Leveling up our public API to support extensive 3rd-party integrations via a secure and elegantly simple developer experience.
- Contribute at a global scale.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?