Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. Bringing Patreon to creators and patrons all over the world is essential to achieving our mission. In order to support this growth, we are looking for a Engineering Manager, Fraud.
What you will do:
- Manage, hire, and retain full-stack engineers while remaining hands-on.
- Collaborate with product, fraud operations, data science, compliance in prioritizing, and delivering fraud initiatives.
- Help your direct reports grow in their career by providing actionable feedback.
- Work with architects and engineers to lead key technical and design decisions.
- Keep up with fraud trends and industry alerts.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Hands-on technical management experience
- Experience with Python, micro-services, SQL, and Key-Value databases.
- Experience recruiting and managing a technical team
- Experience with fraud-detection and prevention systems.
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration including fraud operations, data science, product managers, and engineering teams.
Projects you may work on:
- Migrate fraud engineering stack to a microservices architecture.
- Develop the next generation global fraud system. Expand the fraud ecosystem to include automated identity verification, sanctions, KYC/KYB
- Design, build, and deploy scalable stream and graph processing systems to power model training and real-time automated decision making.
- Build tools to help creators manage their businesses, gain insights from their data, and get closer to their biggest fans.
- Level up our public API to support extensive 3rd-party integrations via a secure and elegantly simple developer experience.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- We are building the next generation fraud prevention system for the global reach to safeguard the company’s bottom line as Patreon grows!
- The team is solving exciting technical challenges. We are moving to microservices architecture and building a risk platform that’s more flexible and scalable. There are plenty of opportunities to grow technically.
- You’ll work with a team of driven people toward achieving the same mission - funding the creative class
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?