Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership experiences for creators and their superfans. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their business, so creators can focus on making their art, music, podcasts, and more.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid $1B directly to creators. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Staff Product Designer.
** Along with your resume, please submit a link to your online portfolio **
What you will do:
- Own the vision, phasing and execution of Patreon’s patron strategy: redefining the end-to-end experience for patrons. This is the largest and newest area of strategic investment.
- Understand the psychology and needs of Patrons and superfans
- Tackle greenfield, complex problems that will meaningfully help superfans fall in love with their creators even more
- Guide teams towards execution excellence through discovery, research, experimentation, feature launches, phasing, and long-term planning
- Significantly drive the product roadmap
- Lead and improve our collaborative design process, involving engineers, product managers, researchers, data scientists, marketing managers, and creator-facing teams
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years of relevant product design experience
- Proven leadership in driving, communicating, and executing against a vision
- Strong systems design thinking across medium to high complexity problems
- Visual design excellence and meticulous attention to craft
- Exceptional and imaginative problem solving in a greenfield domain or problem space
- Agility in utilizing a variety of discovery, research, and validation methods to drive meaningful outcomes
- Familiarity with the nuances of metrics (business, data science, research) and uncovering the “Why” behind the numbers
- Mastery of design tools & outputs: Figma, design systems, responsive design, native mobile (Android, iOS)
- Passionate advocacy for users
- A humble, collaborative, and service-oriented approach to your career
- Scrappiness & bias towards action: we’re building the future of creative independence and changing the way art is made. Let’s move!
- Bonus points: passion for innovative consumer experiences, next-gen social networking, quality UGC
Projects you may work on:
- Strategy & framework
- Mobile app redesign
- Search & discovery
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Strategic sequencing
- New models of creator interaction, passion-based engagement, content consumption
- Designing for impact (we’re a small team with outsized impact on millions of users)
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?