Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we're looking for a Frontend Engineer.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with product management, designers, other engineers, and internal stakeholders to build new product functionality, while maintaining a delightful user experience for creators, patrons, and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the broader engineering organization to improve overall product quality, including web app performance, test coverage, accessibility standards, and best practice coding patterns.
- Design and prototype new features, while reimagining existing features with fellow engineers.
- Lead and contribute to the development of critical projects, working with and mentoring other team members.
- Work with people from all walks of life.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Advocate for frontend best practices in the areas of performance, testing, and accessibility
- Experience owning, shipping, and iterating on web products that have reached a large amount of users.
- You have experience collaborating with other technical people specialized in web app development.
- You have experience building user-facing products.
- You have experience and opinions on what makes effective programming and testing practices.
- You could ship an entire web application if you wanted to, but prefer working with others.
- You understand databases (relational and NoSQL) and how to utilize them effectively.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?