Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth and bring our brand’s personality to life, Patreon is looking for a Partner Manager for our New York City team.
What you will do:
- Build trusted relationships: Every day you’ll work with our most important creators and earn their trust that the Patreon platform and team is essential to unlocking the earnings and connection with their fan base that allows their creative business to flourish
- Develop strategic projects: Collaborate with each creator in your portfolio to ideate and execute on projects that connect the content they are making and their fan community to the benefits they offer on Patreon
- Drive increased earnings: Across your portfolio, accelerate each creator’s growth trajectory by increasing traffic to their Patreon page, improving fan-to-member conversion rates, and maximizing long-term retention of existing members
- Partner on marketing opportunities: Coordinate with cross-functional Patreon teams to showcase your creators in promotional, event, and press opportunities that are mutually beneficial to the creator and Patreon
- Inspire advocacy for Patreon: Translate the investment we make into strategic creators into the strength of their evangelism for Patreon, driving more fan and creator interest in the platform
Skills and experience you possess:
- 7+ years of experience in customer success, talent management, partnerships, or roles driving software expansion revenue
- Customer/partner management: Experience managing deep customer/partner relationships with a small portfolio, particularly with creators making videos, podcasts, or music
- Expansion revenue delivery: Proven success in an environment with revenue growth targets from each managed accounts
- Cross-functional partnership: Strong relationships and execution with internal stakeholders across marketing, communications, customer support, product
- Applying data insights to customer needs: Digging into insights about performance and translating them into customized, actionable steps for customers
Projects you may work on:
- Revamp of a creator’s tiers to drive more member acquisition and sustainability for the creator
- Partnering with a creator to develop a plan for content & promotion in conjunction with a major launch for their fans
- Managing a creator’s involvement in a Patreon marketing event to ensure a great experience for the creator and impact for Patreon
- Identifying and exploring relationships with additional creators who could be the next strategic creators to add to our managed portfolio
What you will have the chance to learn:
- You will be problem solving the complex needs and growth opportunities of high-earning creators
- You will refine your relationship building skills in navigating the multi-pronged creative businesses and team members of the creators in your portfolio
- You will build expertise around the drivers of building an engaged fan base and converting them to paying members
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?