Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth and bring our brand’s personality to life, Patreon is looking for a copywriter.
What you will do:
- Write (a lot!) and concept big ideas within established brand guidelines for all mediums, including social, events, content, out-of-home, print, etc.
- Help champion the company's brand identity, tone, and voice both internally and externally.
- Partner with content marketing, social media, events, performance marketing, and creator partnership teams to build consistency in our communications.
- Lead the copy conversation with internal partners; edit other people’s work, be a stickler for details.
- Demonstrate creative thought leadership, keeping ahead of trends and providing proactive inspiration and recommendations.
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years experience of creative writing across mediums- toggling between developing high-level product brand narratives, short-form social media posts and everything in between!
- Strategizing content approaches for digital campaigns (across content, social, email and microsites).
- Effectively communicating with teammates and presenting creative ideas using clear rationale and insights.
- Working as part of an extended team and synthesize multiple perspectives into coherent creative solutions.
- Juggling several projects at once and be comfortable in the proverbial fast-paced environment.
- Having attention to detail and good grammar skills, because what’s the point otherwise?
How you’ll grow
- Your work will directly contribute to Patreon’s mission and bottom-line goals
- You’ll co-create a brand, and work for an audience that’s shaping culture
- You will have the opportunity to grow with the creative function at Patreon and take on new projects as the organization grows.
- You will build deep relationships across the organization.
- You will get to interact with interesting and influential creators across a variety of creator categories.
You’ll love working here if
- You care about getting artists and creators paid
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment
- You strive to improve existing processes
- You want to work with teammates who excel at their jobs and have artistic talents
- You are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?