What you will do
- Forecasting: Own and drive the company level forecasting model. Distill various revenue and cost drivers to build a robust, precise, and scalable model for Patreon’s global P&L, incorporating baseline trends and the incremental impact of business initiatives driven by Product and Sales teams.
- Reporting: Build monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting decks for internal teams as well as investors highlighting key financial metrics and trends that communicate an accurate view of the business and drive accountability among business teams.
- Support strategic decision-making at the company: Help Patreon evaluate investment opportunities, product launches, pricing decisions and new business lines from a financial perspective by quantifying the impact on revenue and margins.
- Financial Processes: Continuously scale and improve Patreon’s financial processes as the business grows.
What we are looking for
- Experience: 3+ years of work experience in investment banking, consulting, or a high-growth tech company with extensive hands-on exposure to financial modeling and strategic decision-making analysis.
- Degree: Degree in quantitative field preferred (e.g. Finance, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.).
- FP&A Skills: Ability to prepare forecast models from scratch, perform quantitative deep dives to get to the core of the issue, and work in a cross-functional environment providing support to various business leads.
- Technical Skills: Mastery of Excel with the ability to build large scale financial models that are flexible enough to drive real time business conversations. Willingness to work with SQL, Tableau, and other data mining tools.
- Cognitive Skills: Analytical mind with high levels of curiosity and attention to detail with the ability to drive conversations at the most basic level while maintaining a view of key macro priorities.
- Soft Skills: Compassion while dealing with your teammates. Excellent communication skills of developing cogent arguments based on incisive analysis and compiling those arguments in a way that aligns our teams around top priorities.
- You care about getting artists and creators paid
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment
- You’re metrics-driven in your decision-making
- You strive to improve existing processes
- You want to work with teammates who excel at their jobs and have artistic talents
- You re committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn