Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Product Support Specialist in our Porto office.
What you will do:
- Troubleshoot and solve support tickets from patrons and creators
- Support creators and patrons in real-time via live chat
- Escalate issues to our P0 team or CH manager as applicable
- Work with the Content Support team to to improve patron and creator-facing resources
- File clear and concise bug reports to be triaged
- Be the bridge from engineering to our users and from our users to our engineers
- Quickly learn the ins and outs of Patreon as a platform. There isn’t one thing about Patreon you don’t know about. Knowledge is power!
Skills and experience you possess:
- A passion for Patreon’s mission to support creators.
- 1+ years in a support position
- Knowledge of Zendesk is a plus
- Enthusiasm for working directly with customers
- Skills on skills for writing the most personal, helpful emails of all time
- Superhero typing skills (you’ll be expected to solve ~70 inbound tickets a day)
- Empathy! You understand where people are coming from and you genuinely care
- Ability to speak and write in fluent English required, and ability to speak and write in German a plus! Please submit your resume in English.
- Did we mention prompt? Hurry up and apply--you’re already late!
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Empathy for the experiences of creators and patrons
- Technical knowledge with regards to searching a database
- How to deliver concise feedback to cross-functional teams like engineering and product
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.