Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer for our Payments team.
What you will do:
- You'll help scale and expand capabilities of patreon’s payment platform that helps creators get paid effectively and on time.
- Lead and contribute to the development and design of the Payments services and tools to support the payment processing at Patreon.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to define and implement alternate payment methods that increases Patreon offering for creators to choose their method to payin and payout.
- Integrate with 3rd party systems and implement new solutions to streamline processes.
- Collaborate with product management, designers, and other engineers to build new product functionality, while maintaining a delightful user experience, motivated by passion for our shared mission.
- Work with a supportive team to get things done with the right mix of quality and agility.
- Engineers joining now have tons of opportunities to take on responsibility and ownership and have a meaningful impact!
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have experience working in systems handling high volume payment transactions.
- You have experience with Python, Java, or other object oriented programming languages.
- You have experience working with microservices architecture and domain driven engineering design approach for developing new microservices.
- You have experience building large scale and distributed software architecture.
- You have experience working with most AWS offered Saas and Paas services.
- You have experience building payments related products and features.
- You have experience building user-facing products.
- You have experience shipping quality code, releasing early, and iterating rapidly.
- You have experience in working with data-driven applications at scale.
- You have opinions on what makes effective programming and testing practices.
- You have the soft skills to come up with resolutions with the team regardless of different perspectives and timezones.
- You are smart about scheduling and planning.
- You know how to write clear code.
- Experience working with finance technologies is a nice-to-have.
Projects you may work on:
- Architecting and implementing microservices framework for Payment platform.
- Integrating multiple payment methods (Domestic and international) for user to pay on platform
- Enable the payment platform to process payments in multiple currencies.
- Offer a delightful user experience for the features we ship.
- Building tools to help internal stakeholders to gain clarity and manage the finance need.
- Leveling up our public API to support extensive 3rd-party integrations via a secure and elegantly simple developer experience.
- Contribute at a global scale.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- You will get the opportunity to design and implement a large scale payment processing system.
- You will learn implementing multiple payment methods both domestic and international
- You will learn ways to empower a product that gets creators paid. You will help creators make a sustainable living and achieve higher levels of creativity.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.