Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform, and our user base has doubled in the last year alone. In order to support this level of growth, we're looking for a Fraud Operations Senior Manager to serve as part of our Fraud Operations Team under the Trust & Safety department. This role will require the candidate to work across many functional areas to improve productivity and rule accuracy, as well as assist with testing and validating new risk models. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, capable of working independently, as well as in a team. You will help keep our user's accounts safe while minimizing the company's risk exposure and fraud losses. The Fraud Operations Team protects creators and patrons and we are looking for a customer-centric person who can balance the need for risk-based solutions to meet regulations using strong problem solving and communication skills.
What you would do:
You will coach team members to achieve service level agreements while working through queues and responding to inbound requests. This includes the assessment of risk associated with new customers, changes to creator and patron risk profiles, investigating large transactions, scam related incidents, unusual creator and patron behavior. Your role will work closely with Risk Product and Engineering to bring about a best in class fraud system and seamless experience for creators and patrons using Patreon.
You will lead a team of Patreon Fraud Operations investigators in all aspects of the role and act as the senior point of contact for the team. We will look to you to make sure you and your team members are appropriately trained to be able to support Patreon in the fight against financial crime and fraud.
Additionally, you will be:
- Responsible for the team achieving objectives and managing fraud and loss risks applicable to Patreon
- Making sure all risk exposure is mitigated while maintaining a fair outcome for creators and patrons on the platform
- Responding to chargebacks and increasing our win rate while automating processes
- Working with the Patreon Risk and Engineering teams to make sure that the Patreon fraud systems, queues and tools are effective and efficient in detecting potential risks
- Supporting the reporting of information to relevant stakeholders
- Continuously scanning the environment for financial crime threats and risks applicable to Patreon and making sure these are visible and being acted upon
- Communicating clearly and with empathy both internally and externally
Skills you possess:
- 8+ years of directly managing and 10+ years working in risk/fraud areas
- Self-starter who is very comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Familiarity with fraud analytics benchmarks as well as industry best practices
- Demonstrated ability to review customer data with emphasis on risk evaluation
- Strong investigative skills, including familiarity with a variety of fraud tools
- Someone who is adaptable, a fast learner, has excellent judgement, and a bias for action
- Demonstrated knowledge of risks, processes and controls
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid.
- You believe the best products are built with a human-centered design process.
- You love to design impactful, well crafted experiences.
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.