Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer, Tax.
What you will do:
- You'll help Patreon scale the foundation of a platform that helps creators pay rent and enables higher levels of creativity.
- Lead and contribute to the development and design of the tax services and tools to support the Financial operational activities of Patreon.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to define and implement finance-related solutions that meet financial/tax requirements and regulations globally.
- Integrate with 3rd party systems and implement new solutions to streamline processes.
- Collaborate with product management, designers, and other engineers to build new product functionality, while maintaining a delightful user experience, motivated by passion for our shared mission.
- Work with a supportive team to get things done with the right mix of quality and agility.
- Work with Python 3.6, Flask, MySQL, AWS, Redis, Kafka, React, and Webpack, introducing other technologies when it makes sense.
- Engineers joining now have tons of opportunities to take on responsibility and ownership and have a meaningful impact!
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have experience working in systems handling high volume financial transactions.
- You have experience with Python, Java, or other object oriented programming languages.
- You have experience with microservices, SQL or Key-Value databases.
- You have experience with owning, shipping, and iterating on web products that have reached a large amount of users.
- You have experience building user-facing products.
- You have experience shipping quality code, releasing early, and iterating rapidly.
- You have experience in working with data-driven applications at scale.
- You have opinions on what makes effective programming and testing practices.
- You have the soft skills to come up with resolutions with the team regardless different perspectives and timezones.
- You are smart about scheduling and planning.
- You know how to write clear code.
- Experience working with finance technologies is a nice-to-have.
Projects you may work on:
- Design, build and deploy scalable tax services to power tax solutions that remove tax liability worldwide.
- Offer a delightful user experience for the features we ship.
- Building tools to help internal stakeholders to gain clarity and manage the finance need.
- Leveling up our public API to support extensive 3rd-party integrations via a secure and elegantly simple developer experience.
- Contribute at a global scale.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Be a part of a team to advance tax domain-driven service and architecture.
- Balancing friction and user experience to help increase revenues and safeguard Patreon’s bottom line.
- Ways to empower a product that gets creators paid. You will help creators make a sustainable living and achieve higher levels of creativity.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.