Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Director of Marketing for Memberful. Memberful is reliable membership software for independent publishers, educators, and creators. We recently joined Patreon, and we're excited to continue expanding our team.
What you will do:
- Seek out an in-depth understanding of Memberful client needs, the market, our platform and the competition.
- Develop Memberful-specific solutions and content, for client positioning, sales enablement, and marketing campaigns as needed to achieve goals.
- Be responsible for supporting the growth of the Memberful sales pipeline and resulting revenue.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Memberful customer lifecycle, first value impact along with the tools and resources needed for long term success.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams including marketing, sales, creator success, product and engineering to develop and execute the strategic go to market plan for Memberful.
- Make presentations internally and externally to support ongoing education of staff and clients.
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) for selected verticals and provide ongoing reporting of these KPIs
Skills and experience you possess:
- 15+ years of experience working in technology, with knowledge of marketing, selling and supporting SaaS platforms.
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative products and solutions.
- Experience crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content.
- Superior track record of collaboration and being a trusted advisor in order to win strategic deals.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to manage competing projects with tight deadlines
- Bachelor's degree. MBA or related Master's degree a plus
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.