Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Director of Creator Partnerships.
What you will do:
- Work with the SVP of Go-To-Market to enhance the current team structure, goals, skill set and areas of specialization for future success.
- Recruit, retain and develop an exceptional team.
- Own accountability with clear reporting and dashboards. Direct the flow of information for pipeline activity and resulting partnerships. Evaluate data, the plan and enable your team to ensure goals are met and potential problem areas are identified and/or mitigated.
- Seek out an in-depth understanding of creator needs, the market, our platform and the competition.
- Own and strengthen executive-level relationships through in-person meetings, events, conferences, and speaking engagements.
- Execute and continue to evolve the team’s strategy, including critical initiatives and key performance indicators while ensuring that the resources are in place to exceed OKRs.
- Support your team wherever required with creator activity; you know what it takes to put together & secure creator partnerships and can lead by example every step of the way.
- Work collaboratively with the Go-To-Market team in the building and implementation of an account-based marketing methodology.
Skills and experience you possess:
- 15 years of experience in sales, business development and/or partner management.
- 8 years of people management experience.
- Expertise in pipeline management and forecasting.
- Experience in working with creators in the video/music/podcast space.
- Successful in building executive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid.
- You believe the best products are built with a human-centered process.
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.