Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $500 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Content Policy Specialist.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement policies
- Educate creators about Patreon policies through blogs, help center articles or escalations
- Work with Data Science and Engineering to find ways to surface new trends in content violations and address them with policies
- Work with Engineering and Product teams to find scalable solutions to content moderation
Skills and experience you possess:
- 2 to 4 years in Trust and Safety, policy, enforcement and/or community management
- Strong communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Ability to have hard conversations about topics with no clear answers
- Experience in developing and implementing policies
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume startup environment
- Ability to balance empathy with skepticism while investigating trends in content violations
- Interest in recording and analyzing data to find trends
- Able to handle high pressure working environment and lack of clarity
- Passion for and interest in Patreon and our mission
- Ability to speak another language
Projects you may work on:
- Developing community guidelines
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Learn about developing content policies with thought leaders in the industry.
- Ability to help scale a trust and safety team at a fast-growing startup as we automate sophisticated tools for content violations.
- Encyclopedic knowledge of trust and safety responsibilities for a platform that processes payments and hosts user-generated content.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?