Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer, Risk.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with product management, designers, other engineers, and internal stakeholders to build new product functionality, while maintaining a delightful user experience for creators, patrons, and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the broader engineering organization to improve overall product quality, including web app performance, test coverage, accessibility standards, and best practice coding patterns.
- Design and prototype new features, while reimagining existing features with fellow engineers.
- Lead and contribute to the development of critical projects, working with and mentoring other team members.
- Work with people from all walks of life.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have experience working with React, Webpack, AWS, and Python 3.6. React Native would be nice-to-have.
- Experience owning, shipping, and iterating on web products that have reached a large amount of users.
- You have experience collaborating with other technical people specialized in web app development.
- You have experience building user-facing products.
- You have experience and opinions on what makes effective programming and testing practices.
- You could ship an entire web application if you wanted to, but prefer working with others.
- You understand databases (relational and NoSQL) and how to utilize them effectively.
Projects you may work on:
- You will work in a team that empowers a product that gets creators paid. You will help us build a great engineering culture and a great company.
- You will help us participate in technical communities and build a strong engineering brand.
- Expanding our fraud and risk service, which processes thousands of transactions per minute, ensuring our creators and patrons are safe and secure.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Be a part of team to advance risk domain-driven architecture
- Balancing friction and user experience to help increase revenues and safeguard Patreon’s bottom line with fraud prevention
- Ways to empower a product that gets creators paid. You will help creators make a sustainable living and achieve higher levels of creativity.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid.
- You believe the best products are built with a human-centered design process.
- You love to design impactful, well crafted experiences.
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.