Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on making their art, music, podcasts, and more.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $500 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Product Designer.
** Along with your resume, please submit a link to your online portfolio **
What you will do:
- Define core experiences for one of Patreon’s key user personas
- Rapidly develop, prototype, test, and iterate on designs
- Partner with our Research team to understand our users through user interviews
- Lead a collaborative design process from conception to launch, involving engineers, product managers, researchers, data scientists, and user advocates
- Drive the product roadmap with product, engineering, operations, and creator-facing teams
Skills and experience you possess:
- +2 years of product design experience
- Excellence in your craft
- A portfolio demonstrating production ready product design across platforms: web, mobile, email
- Familiarity with Figma and design systems
- Passionate advocacy for users
- A humble, collaborative, and service-oriented approach to your career
- Scrappiness: we’re on a mission to empower the creative class in a rapidly changing world.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.