Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Manager of Real Estate & Workplace Experience.
Impact you will have:
- Partner with leaders across the company to develop and run our global office environment
- Lead a wide range of work relating to global employee growth and own assurance of success in Real Estate and Workplace Experience matters. Are you passionate about that and intrigued by our mission? Could you see yourself in this role? If so, then we want you on our team.
What you will do:
- Lead the Global Workplaces team including Office / Facilities Managers and their direct reports.
- Drive real estate strategy and office solutions globally including the facility service operations, new office builds and dynamic expansions, capacity and space planning and implementation of new processes and procedures.
- Implement and lead operational objectives and processes globally, while remaining nimble and adaptable to the constantly changing environment.
- Provide an extraordinary customer service experience. Be the face of workplace services to our leaders and teammates, partner with the team to deeply understand their needs and deliver the right solutions. Influence the customer (employees, office leaders) and other internal organizations in reaching consensus and compromise when needed.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure an efficient, productive integration for such things as regional initiatives, fiscal responsibilities, data analysis, new program implementation and M&A activities as required. Act as a trusted partner. Build links with business leaders to improve the employee experience. Drive communication with core exec through timely, meaningful, thorough and tailored communication.
- Serve as a key occupancy planning point of contact as a part of the office manager team globally.
- Maintain relationships with the business to understand the needs and drivers, as well as with the vendors, to lead and execute on occupancy planning. Track and document requirements to develop well-informed plans / scenarios. Lead and analyze data from various systems to convey occupancy scenarios that drive optimal performance and workflow of the business, keeping leaders & team members informed and ensuring consensus of plans.
- Handle and track all aspects/details of key leases, develop project schedule and budget, lead design and construction of real estate assets and fit out projects within overall regional portfolio.
- Advocate for design excellence in delivering ground up and mixed use projects, from Technical Due Diligence through to handover, as you lead a diverse group of internal and external partners towards project goals. Understand design preferences globally vs. locally with senior leadership and office leads, balancing harmonization with local touches.
- Consult and analyze construction contracts, design/consulting engineer appointments and procurement methodologies on all projects.
- Show a deep understanding of construction procurement knowledge, including local statutory requirements. Develop optimal relationships with external consultants and vendors through rigorous RFP processes, showing strong commercial focus and knowledge of challenges in the local supply chains.
- Make good use of the design and technical resources. Perform build versus lease and retrofit versus new construction analysis, financial analysis, budgeting, tracking and schedule management for all aspects of a project.
- Lead Physical Security operations in each major office location
Skills and experience you possess:
- 6 to 10+ years of meaningful functional experience with preference for leading Facilities / Workplace Operations functions in fast-growing environments.
- Industry-related certifications (e.g. BIFM, IFMA) preferred.
- Experience collaborating with other business units to meet company goals and standards.
- Experience in and ability to run projects, such as long term planning, short term moves, in order to meet the business needs of a site/region.
- Effective people management and leadership skills with validated ability to influence at all levels.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of contracts.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.