We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid for their work. We strive to provide creators with insight, education and tools that make it fast and easy to run their creative business, so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here!
We make it easy to make Patreon better. We build fast and emphasize shipping. We use continuous deployment to ship 30-40x / day. Our work culture is very autonomous. You self-assign to projects you are most passionate about, fix problems as you see fit, and collaborate with the rest of the company to ship your code.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people, and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
What you will get to do:
- Lead and contribute to development of critical projects, working with and mentoring other engineers.
- Help scale our backend architecture and migrate to a service-oriented future.
- Work with a supportive team to get things done with the right mix of quality and agility.
- Advocate for best practices across the engineering organization.
- Collaborate with people from all walks of life, driven by passion for our shared mission.
- Build a product that helps creators focus on their work while making a living through our platform.
- Work with Python 3.6, Flask, MySQL, AWS, Redis, and Kafka, introducing other technologies when it makes sense.
What skills we ask for:
- You have experience shipping quality code, releasing early, and iterating rapidly.
- You understand how Internet services work at scale.
- You understand relational databases and how to utilize them effectively.
- You have opinions on what makes effective programming and testing practices.
- You are smart about scheduling and planning.
- You know how to write clear code.
- You prefer practicality over dogmatism.
Projects you may work on:
- Expanding our payments service, which processes thousands of transactions per minute, ensuring our creators reliably get paid.
- Building tools to help creators manage their businesses, gain insights from their data, and get closer to their fans.
- Leveling up our public API to support extensive 3rd-party integrations via a secure and elegantly simple developer experience.
Who you’ll work with:
- An energetic team full of passion for our product.
- Teammates who excel not only at their job but often have artistic talents.
- Teammates who are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work.
If you think you’re capable of excelling at these tasks and would like to join our team in San Francisco, please apply below.