Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $500 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Software Engineer for our Developer Experience team.
What you will do:
- Support Patreon's creative and diverse engineering team by building reliable, thoughtful development tools.
- Be a force multiplier in getting creators paid.
- Equip engineers with knowledge and resources so they can learn and understand Patreon's systems.
- Refine the build and test tooling for frontend and backend development.
- Identify opportunities for building new internal tools and processes, then design and implement solutions.
- Collaborate across the engineering team to keep engineers unblocked and productive.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Backend and/or frontend development experience (especially on internal tools and developer tools!)
- Testing and CI/CD pipelines.
- API design.
- Exploring and troubleshooting Linux systems.
- A desire to teach and share technical concepts with a wide range of experience levels.
Projects you may work on:
- CLI and desktop tools for managing dev instances of Patreon services.
- Internal Slack bots and status display interfaces.
- JS and Python build and test pipelines.
- Infrastructure to provision development EC2 instances.
- Surveying developer satisfaction and gathering feedback from engineers.
- Documentation and training efforts.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Build a wide breadth of generalist full-stack skills: from devops tasks like upgrading the infrastructure developer code runs on to building graphical frontends for developer tools. You'll be exposed to a little bit of everything.
- Communicate with and empower developers of a variety of experience levels.
- Design and iterate on tools with fast feedback from fellow engineers.
- Contribute to open source projects in Patreon's ecosystem.
- Learn from, teach, and collaborate with a wide variety of developers and disciplines.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.