Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Market Researcher in San Francisco to join our Product Marketing team to perform both quantitative and qualitative research and analysis that will help shape our product and go-to-market strategies.
What you will do:
Conduct, distill, and deliver market research to help us shape our product and go-to-market strategy.
Skills and experience you possess:
- 2-3 years of experience in a market research or consumer insights-related role
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Solid analytical thinking -- you ask the right questions and can frame data correctly.
- Experience analyzing large datasets and finding actionable insights; and familiarity with data tools like SQL, Amplitude, and Mode
- Strong communication, visualization and storytelling skills to deliver meaningful findings to teams across Patreon.
- Excellent project management skills and comfort with ambiguity; ability to balance competing priorities
Projects you may work on:
- Collect and analyze data to help us monitor market sizing for our target audiences and our market penetration
- Research to identify, define, and size new market segments
- Work with UX Research team to conduct qualitative research on current and prospective customers to help us develop personas
- Ongoing research and reporting on our competitive landscape
- Workflow studies to learn more about how different cohorts of customers are using our product in the wild
What you will have the chance to learn:
- You’ll learn about the ecosystem of digital creators
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.