Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so they can focus on growing and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $500 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Product Manager to build a best-in-class experience for the millions of patrons (paying fans) on the platform.
What you would do:
- Build and deliver the vision, strategy, and product roadmap for the patron experience on Patreon
- Inspire and motivate a team of designers and engineers to achieve ambitious, measurable outcomes
- Work closely with cross-functional teams from engineering, data science, design, marketing, creator success, finance, legal, and more
- Understand and influence the roadmaps of other product teams and our broader product strategy
Skills you possess:
- Strong balance of product strategy and execution - Ability to tell a story for the problems you’re solving and the vision you want to realize; balanced with the details of getting it done
- Outcomes orientation - Influence and inspire a team of designers, engineers and other team members to achieve ambitious, measurable outcomes
- Prioritization - Excellent ability to prioritize and sequence work
- Accountability - Desire to be accountable to metric-moving outcomes
- Communication - Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity using a variety of product development tools - we’re solving some brand new problems here and you should be comfortable with research, analytics, and a track record of customer empathy
Bonus points for:
- Experience with membership and recurring revenue business models
- Experience with marketplaces or seller-focused SaaS businesses
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.