Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $500 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for 2 part-time Facilities Assistants- one to work in our New York office and one to work in our Porto office.
What you will get to do:
- Assist with managing Patreon Facilities by ensuring the physical space looks professional at all times.
- Make sure the office is prepared for events including board meetings, investor meetings, candidate interviews, on-site conferences, etc.
- Ensure that Patreon is always stocked with necessary office supplies, food and drink through catering/snack vendor oversight and supplemental orders as needed.
- Organize storage closets & maintain lists of inventory; items include office supplies, team swag and special event items.
- Manage reception by greeting guests and candidates; provide welcome hospitality and get them to their meetings.
- Assist with periodic special events and conferences.
- Gather cost information, options to propose solutions for facilities requests.
- Work with the Atlassian Suite of products.
- Support security at Patreon by being on call for alarm systems in Patreon buildings and additional point of contact for security guards (where applicable).
Skills and experience you possess:
- 1-3 years experience in an office management, facilities, or property management role
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills.
- Experience managing inventory and vendor relationships.
- Ability to develop a project or process around a need or issue you observe.
- Experience with budgets and negotiation skills a plus!
- Working knowledge of computer software including WORD, EXCEL, Slack, Lattice or comparable tools.
- If applying to Porto location, must know both English and Portuguese
What you will be able to accomplish:
- Foster operations for a company that helps creators pay rent and enables higher levels of creativity.
- Define a role that will foster your best personal career growth.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.