Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have paid out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Technical Program Manager
What you will do:
- Drive continuous process improvements & Agile best practices to create a robust, predictable, priority driven culture in an Agile environment
- Identify impediments the team experiences and work with stakeholders to address them
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and negotiate solutions to issues
- Work with Product Managers and Engineering Leads on backlogs and roadmap prioritization to deliver value to customers in shorter iterations
- Define metrics for tracking progress, determining success, and completion
Skills and experience you possess:
- Solid understanding of Scrum, Kanban, and scaled Agile principles and practices
- Manage Agile processes across multiple initiatives and multiple teams
- Strong leadership and communication skills and be able to influence without having authority of the team
- Experience in working with engineers to build highly scalable platforms
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Passion for operational excellence, attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
What you will be able to accomplish:
- You will empower teams and help build a product that gets creators paid. You will help creators make a sustainable living and achieve higher levels of creativity.
- You will help us build a great engineering culture and a great company.
- You will help us participate in technical communities and build a strong engineering brand.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- We are excited to share Patreon’s revamped Engineering Leveling Guide. Check it out here.
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.