Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $500 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Director of Marketing.
What you will do:
- Set the strategic direction for Patreon’s Marketing organization to make Patreon a globally recognized brand that champions creative independence and defines the category of membership so that our target creators are inspired to find, adopt, use and evangelize Patreon. Lead annual and quarterly planning, set and manage the marketing budget, and report on performance with a focus on ROI. We envision our marketing team growing around four key pillars.
- Brand and Community Marketing - Finding scalable ways to build trust with our community and find programmatic ways to help creators bring other creators to the platform.
- Performance Marketing - Generating demand and increasing the number of creators launching on Patreon.
- Events Marketing - Establish Patreon's presence in market through sponsored and owned events marketing activations.
- Product Marketing - partner with PMM to defining our position in the market, ensuring we build products that meet the needs of the market, and educating our customers on how to best utilize those products.
- Content Marketing - Oversee our content marketing team to develop a content marketing strategy focused on thought leadership and demand gen.
- Develop our team. Motivate, mentor, and develop the existing team. Build a long term plan for team structure and the growth of our team members.
- Drive high performance and impact. Use a data-informed approach to justify investment levels of our brand, content, social, and experimental programs.
- Contribute to our international market expansion strategy. Define the initial marketing approaches per market and ensure we have tailored messaging that resonates per market.
- 7+ years B2B2C SaaS marketing leadership experience, including experience expanding to international markets
- Strong analytical and operational skills to lead the team’s investment in building out a foundation for tracking and measuring marketing investments
- Ability to set the vision for large brand marketing campaigns and to launch, manage and measure the efficacy of these campaigns.
- Ability to build a demand generation capability and manage towards creator acquisition outcomes.
- Ability to build internal cross-functional and executive alignment to ensure support in our marketing investments
- Ability to develop strong partnership with our Creator Partnerships organization for strategic creator acquisition and activation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on candor, clarity, and empathy.
- Strong creator centrism, passion, and appreciation for artists and creators.
- Track record of success hitting ambitious outcomes at Series C/D companies.
- Management and leadership experience
- Track record of recruiting and retaining senior talent.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.