We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator, so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Patreon is looking for a business development and partnerships associate in either New York or San Francisco to build and successfully onboard a pipeline of prospective Patreon creators and be a key part of scaling Patreon’s creator acquisition efforts.
A Creator Partnerships Associate is responsible for successfully onboarding key creators to the Patreon platform. This includes identifying target creators, owning and operating outreach campaigns, attending industry events, and partnering cross-functionally within the Creator Partnerships organization to manage and grow a successful pipeline of creators. A Creator Partnerships Associate is also responsible for internal and external evangelism for creator needs and serving as an ambassador for the Creator Partnerships' team, our mission, and our consultative engagement capabilities.
What you would do:
- Identify, recruit, and partner with the world’s creators to launch their membership strategy
- Qualify inbound opportunities when creators sign up to the Patreon platform to ensure that we are working with all key creators to drive a successful launch
- Identify untapped creative communities and coordinate cross-functionally to execute outreach campaigns
- Be the voice of our target creators within Patreon and ensure we build products that serve the needs of established creators building businesses around their art.
- Use data to iterate on a consultative engagement process and instill confidence in our membership expertise with creators.
Skills you possess:
- Partnerships Expertise: You have experience in business development / partnerships and are excited by the prospect of working with key strategic partners. You are eager to learn the skills to effectively drive partnership engagements forward. 2 - 3 years of partnerships experience or other applicable experience (Media, Consulting, Program Management, Business Development, Sales, Technology).
- Business Outcome Focused: You boil projects and objectives down to their business outcome and execute diligently towards strategic business outcomes.
- Forecasting: You are detail-oriented and are diligent in updating creator records.
- Positive Outlook: You stay positive in the face of challenges, and think creatively to find solutions.
- Critical Thinking: You are a strategic and creative thinker who can align incentives and priorities of multiple parties.
- Communication: You are a clear, concise communicator. You understand the importance of documentation and organization.
- Cross-Functional Alignment: You are a great teammate and document requests clearly and package projects to help your teammates effectively plan and offer their resources. You respect teammates time and operate as a strong corporate citizen to help other teams meet their objectives.
- Core Behavior Ambassador: You exemplify Patreon's core behaviors and influence others around the organization.
How you’ll grow:
- Your work will directly contribute to Patreon’s mission and bottom-line goals.
- You will have the opportunity to grow with the Creator Partnerships function at Patreon and take on new projects as the organization grows.
- You will build deep relationships across the organization.
- You will be asked to draw and summarize insights.
- You will learn and codify how to help creators launch and grow their membership businesses, and how to drive strategic partnership relationships with creators.
- You will get to interact with interesting and influential creators across a variety of creator categories.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment
- You’re metrics-driven in your decision-making
- You strive to improve existing processes
- You want to work with teammates who excel at their jobs and have artistic talents
- You are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.