Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $500 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Junior Designer.
What you will do:
- Be a key part of making sure the Patreon brand is well represented to external, and internal audiences of creators, patrons, and prospects
- Create digital and print assets within the Patreon brand guidelines (social media assets, sales and event collateral)
- Participate in creative/conceptual explorations
- Support senior design staff with research, exploratory work, and asset management
Skills and experience you possess:
- Core competencies in design software/tools
- A portfolio that demonstrates professional experience, or design work that has been undertaken for a non-profit organization
- Agency or freelance experience - candidates should be able to honestly and clearly articulate what their role was in a larger team environment
Projects you may work on:
- Native digital projects - websites, landing pages, display ads, presentations
- Event branding - environmental applications, printed collateral
- Internal branding initiatives like office decor, swag
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Develop your skills in an environment that offers you a chance to produce work that will stand out in your portfolio.
- Be a member of a team that supports every other team at Patreon.
- Work with senior designers who care about helping you grow through critique, and the delegation of key responsibilities
- Patreon’s educational budget will allow you to augment your skills and nurture your interests
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.