Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have paid out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for the Web Infrastructure Team.
What you will do:
- Develop the web client foundation for all of product engineering at Patreon that delights our customers with amazing performance and user experience.
- Contribute to, collaborate, and guide the technical strategy of client engineering at Patreon, which includes web app and mobile app performance, test tooling, accessibility standards, and foundational reusable ui components that support overall product engineering productivity and high quality user experience in our product.
- Constantly improve our web technical excellence.
- Work with people from all walks of life.
- Recruit, hire, and retain top tier talent.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have passion and working experience with modern web technologies and industry trends, as well as a practical understanding of how to apply that knowledge.
- You have experience working with React, Babel, and Webpack. Typescript and Python would be nice-to-have.
- You have experience collaborating with other technical people specialized in web infrastructure.
- You have experience contributing to architecture reviews and technical roadmap planning.
- You have experience building user-facing products.
- You have experience and opinions on what makes effective programming and testing practices.
- You are passionate about building healthy high-caliber teams.
What you will be able to accomplish:
- You will build a team that empowers a product that gets creators paid. You will help creators make a sustainable living and achieve higher levels of creativity.
- You will help us build a great engineering culture and a great company.
- You will help us participate in technical communities and build a strong engineering brand.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid.
- You believe the best products are built with a human-centered design process.
- You love to design impactful, well crafted experiences.
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.