Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for an Engineering Manager for the Web Infrastructure Team.
What you will do:
- Build and manage a team of engineers responsible for the development of the web client foundation for all of product engineering at Patreon.
- Build the technical foundation that delights our customers with amazing performance and user experience.
- Guide your direct reports' career development, ensure they achieve their business outcomes, and support them to model engineering excellence at Patreon.
- Contribute and guide the technical strategy of client engineering at Patreon.
- Own the technical direction of Patreon's web client infrastructure, in collaboration with tech leads and architects across Patreon Engineering.
- Manage staffing needs based on technical requirements in the Product and Engineering roadmap.
- Constantly improve our team practices and effectiveness.
- Work with people from all walks of life.
- Recruit, hire, and retain top tier talent.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have passion and working experience with modern web technologies and industry trends, as well as a practical understanding of how to apply that knowledge.
- You have working knowledge of Python, React, Babel, and Webpack.
- You have experience managing technical people specialized in web infrastructure.
- You are a hands-on "player coach" technical leader, and as an experienced manager you focus on on coaching, guiding, and supporting your direct reports.
- You have experience facilitating, participating, and contributing to technical discussions, including architecture reviews and technical roadmap planning.
- You have experience building user-facing products.
- You have experience and opinions on what makes effective programming and testing practices.
- You know what keeps engineers engaged and love building healthy high-caliber teams.
- You know how to recruit from all backgrounds and interview consistently and combat bias.
- You can think strategically and keep the long term view in mind during day-to-day planning and collaboration.
What you will be able to accomplish:
- You will build a team that empowers a product that gets creators paid. You will help creators make a sustainable living and achieve higher levels of creativity.
- You will help us build a great engineering culture and a great company.
- You will help us participate in technical communities and build a strong engineering brand.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- We are excited to share Patreon’s revamped Engineering Leveling Guide. Check it out here.
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.