Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have paid over $500 million directly to creators on our platform, and our user base has doubled in the last year alone. In order to support this level of growth, we're looking for a Fraud Specialist to serve as part of our Fraud Operations Team under the Trust & Safety department. This role will require the candidate to work across many functional areas to improve productivity and rule accuracy, as well as assist with testing and validating new risk models. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, capable of working independently, as well as in a team. You will help keep our user's accounts safe while minimizing the company's risk exposure and fraud losses. The Fraud Team protects creators and patrons and we need a customer-centric person with strong problem solving and communication skills.
What you would do:
- Review suspicious accounts using internal and external fraud tools, and take action in accordance with Patreon's policies.
- Research and analyze data to detect fraudulent activity, and develop opportunities for minimizing fraud and avoiding false positives.
- Independently determine and recommend an appropriate course of action following fraud detection.
- Work with Data Science and Risk Engineers to develop and test rule sets and machine learning models.
- Work cross-functionally with our Content Moderation and Community Happiness team regarding account suspensions, closures, and other fraud matters.
- Help identify process improvements and contribute to key projects and initiatives.
Skills you possess:
- 2+ years of professional experience, including 1+ years conducting fraud operations and/or AML
- Self-starter who is very comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Knowledge of, and experience utilizing fraud investigative techniques and practices
- Ability to analyze, summarize, and communicate findings and issues drawn from facts
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong working relationships within and across multiple disciplines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic Zendesk knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of KYC, SAR, OFAC/FinCen is a bonus
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid.
- You believe the best products are built with a human-centered design process.
- You love to design impactful, well crafted experiences.
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.