Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for an Accounting Manager to join the Finance Team.
As our company continues to grow and scale, we are dealing with more complicated accounting needs. Patreon is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our team and own the accounting operations function including but not limited to production of accurate and timely financial reports in accordance with US GAAP, month end close, SaaS revenue recognition, payroll, International consolidation and GL activity. This role will work closely with our staff accountants and Head of Accounting. The Accounting Manager will manager and mentor the Accounting staff and accordingly should have a full understanding of all accounting functions including accounts payable, payroll, revenue, purchasing and cash handling in order to manage workflow and cover during staff vacations and absences.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years’ experience with strong focus on month-end and accounting operations
- 3 - 5 years of experience in public accounting and/or a technical accounting role in a multinational public company or pre-IPO/high growth company
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage an accounting team and drive continuous process improvement
- At least 3 years of people management experience. Proven ability to recruit, manage, train and coach staff
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, including task prioritization and effective time management
- Experience with ERP systems
- CPA, or equivalent qualification with US GAAP experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and able to multi-task while performing a variety of complex tasks
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with emphasis on Excel
- Experience with a payment SaaS company is preferred
Projects you may work on:
- Initial public offerings
- Financial audits
- Technical research projects
- Been part of a scaling organization
- SOX and internal controls
- System implementations
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Assist in scaling accounting department to support the growth of our organization
- Be a critical member in making our accounting dept. IPO ready
- Help with international expansion
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
You’ll love working here if:
You care about getting artists and creators paid.
You believe the best products are built with a human-centered design process.
You love to design impactful, well-crafted experiences.
You work best in a highly collaborative environment.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.