We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator, so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class. To learn how we're working towards this, please click !
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Hiring Managers, please edit the paragraph below:
Patreon is looking for someone to bring demonstrated experience to our team. Our Community Happiness team is looking to hire someone who is excited to support our growing team. This person should love working with others, solving problems and care deeply about customer support. We are looking for an experienced support team lead that can work full-time Monday - Friday in our Porto office. As we process payments on the 1st, you are also expected to be available on this day.
What you would do:
- Motivate and coach teammates to help achieve monthly and quarterly goals, including being proactive in increasing team technical knowledge by identifying training needs
- Escalate issues to our P0 team or CH manager as applicable
- File clear and concise bug reports to be triaged
- Respond to a high-volume of support requests on a daily basis, while managing outstanding tickets in the queue
- Generate and share weekly support productivity reports that encourages agents to take action
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate Zendesk data/metrics, feedback and best practices, and then providing that information to management team
- Develop strong relationships teammates in Operations to maintain clear and accurate responses that helps creators & patrons resolve their issues and maximize their use of Patreon
- Become a Patreon expert -quickly learn the ins and outs of Patreon as a platform. There isn’t anything you don’t know about. Knowledge is power.
Skills you possess:
- A passion for Patreon’s mission to support creators.
- 1+ years in a support or management position
- Knowledge of Zendesk is a plus
- Superhero typing skills (you’ll be expected to solve ~70 inbound tickets a day)
- Empathy! You understand where people are coming from and you genuinely care
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to explain complicated product and policy concepts in simple, empathetic, jargon-free language using Patreon’s voice and tone guide
- Confident in independently providing guidance to agents with regards to how to respond to our creators and patrons
- Editing skills, with the ability to quickly identify style and grammar errors before you hit send
- Comfort in working with short, or flexible timelines - sometimes you’ll need to hop online to cover an urgent issue with the site - collaborating with other teams quickly and efficiently
- A proven track record of high-performance in your roles, strong attention to detail, excellent time-management and organizational skills, and a creative approach to solving problems
- A proactive nature, a positive attitude, and a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond to learn new skills and get things done and solve problems for creators and patrons
- Ability to speak and write in fluent English required**
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Management skills
- Public speaking by representing the team in weekly meetings and digital spaces (like Confluence)
- Empathy for the experiences of creators and patrons
- Business knowledge such as building compelling and data-driven presentations
- How to deliver concise feedback to cross-functional teams like engineering and product