Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for an experienced customer success leader to build out our creator success team. As the Director, Creator Success, you’ll work with influential creators, learn their business needs, and provide strategic, proactive solutions to help them reach their goals. You’ll manage a team of creator success professionals that are building programs with creators including dedicated partner management and scaled one-to-many programming to help creators increase their earnings. Within the company, you’ll serve as the leader for creator revenue expansion and ensure that the business is investing in the appropriate initiatives to help creators run a successful membership business.
What you would do:
- Own the entire Creator Success initiative within Patreon to identify areas for creator revenue expansion across the 100,000+ creators
- Serve as a trusted consultant to our creators through development of Patreon’s best practices and a repeatable creator engagement framework
- Drive thought leadership at industry events regarding membership revenue expansion
- Develop the operations, tracking and reporting for the Creator Success org and how we deliver on our revenue expansion goals as a business
- Structure the Creator Success team and provide guidance to the business on how to evaluate the return on investment for this role.
- Develop a creator segmentation framework for creators on our platform and develop different engagement tactics based on the segment.
- Develop a creator health measurement and build out systems that track creator engagement and creator sentiment.
- Partner with product provide insight in to the needs of our creator base and build out the mechanisms for providing product feedback
- Partner with marketing and communications to highlight key creator stories that help tell the story of membership with strong creator case studies.
- Partner with our Creator Partnerships organization to ensure that creators we launch on the platform have a successful ongoing experience with Patreon
- Establish a network of partners that can help us scale our Creator Success initiatives in the process building out certified Patreon trainers
Skills you possess:
- Customer Success Expertise: 7+ years relevant work experience in customer success, account management, strategic consulting, brand marketing, talent management.
- Management Experience: 5+ years of management experience. You are coming in to build out the Creator Success function within Patreon - this role will require getting your hands dirty initially to get the Creator Success function on the right track and drive impact. From there, the expectation would be to scale up the Creator Success organization and manage a global team.
- Communication: You’re disciplined and methodical in documenting your work. You craft clear and articulate ideas and solutions.
- Critical Thinking: You are a strategic and creative thinker who can align incentives and priorities of multiple parties.
- Business Outcome Focused: You boil projects and objectives down to their business outcome and execute diligently towards strategic business outcomes.
- Initiative: You have a growth mindset and aptitude for learning. You identify, define, and solves strategic problems, thinking holistically about whole systems.
- Strategic Relationship Building: You have the ability to understand the complex organizational structure of creator organizations and map consulting engagements against organizational objectives.
- Add Value Quickly: Ability to identify strategies for adding value quickly and ensuring that we are taking incremental steps to drive towards creator revenue expansion.
- Core Behavior Ambassador: You exemplify Patreon's core behaviors and influence others around the organization.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- This is an amazing opportunity to learn about shifts in the creative economy and how a variety of businesses can thrive with patron-based membership,
- You’ll interact with an array of influential creators and learn how they build and sustain their communities.
- You’ll learn how to effectively improve the financial health and well-being of creators on Patreon.
- This is a unique chance to serve as the voice of creators within Patreon, elevating key product requests, concerns, and celebrations to all of the company.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.