Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $150 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for an executive leader to lead our Marketing, Sales, and Success functions.
What you will do:
- Set the strategic direction and execute Patreon’s go-to-market strategy. Manage our Marketing, Strategic Sales, and Customer Success functions, reporting directly to the CEO. Drive annual and quarterly planning of our GTM teams and own global expansion efforts across the teams.
- Develop and scale growth levers across creator acquisition and creator earnings expansion to drive revenue. In partnership with product leadership, use a data-informed approach to help Patreon hit our growth and revenue objectives. Drive widespread, broad-scale adoption of new products and services to creators.
- Drive consistent reporting and tracking. Report on the performance of our creator acquisition and expansion metrics with a focus on driving LTV/CAC channel performance.
- Develop our team. Motivate, coach, and mentor the existing team. Build a long-term plan for team structure and the growth of our team members. Make Patreon a great place to work, and build a diverse and inclusive team that executes on its objectives.
- 15+ years B2B2C SaaS leadership experience in marketing, sales, and success, including experience expanding to international markets. Our ideal candidate has deep expertise in a revenue-driving domain, with additional experience managing or closely partnering with the functions mentioned above. In addition, the ideal candidate can convert a traditional saas playbook to fit our creator-centric organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on candor, clarity, and empathy.
- Ability to inspire the company with your creator centrism, passion, and appreciation for artists and creators.
- Ability to launch and manage programs at scale across Marketing, Sales, and Success teams.
- Track record of owning a core company KPI and hitting ambitious outcomes at Series C/D companies.
- Management and leadership experience with multi-layered teams of 15+ people.
- Ability to build alignment internally and externally (creators, board, potential investors) for strategic plans and initiatives.
- Track record of recruiting and retaining senior talent.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.