Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $150 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for someone to collaborate on and write content that delights, educates, and inspires creators so that they may run their businesses more smoothly and reach their goals. We’re seeking an idea person and a wordsmith who can see a compelling story through sheets of data; someone who wants to become an empathetic expert for the creative class. You will leverage your own creativity and powerful writing abilities, as well as hone strategic skills as part of a small but mighty team, reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, Content. You are proactive in establishing partnerships and processes to work in a cross-functional capacity, building relationships with community, communications, and product marketing, as well as other creator-facing teams. The ideal Content Marketing Associate believes all creators can achieve success if they have the right tools, and is passionate about amplifying Patreon as the perfect partner and platform.
What you will do:
- Participate in brainstorming, planning, and strategy sessions with the content team to ensure content is fresh, focused, and ripe for our audience.
- Research assigned topics, themes, and creators whose stories will help amplify the Patreon brand and business opportunity.
- Draft, edit, and circulate for feedback approximately 2-4 assigned blog posts a week.
- Work with content and design teams to secure artwork for all content.
- Publish finalized blog posts using blogging software, Contentful (after training period).
- Partner with Community Manager and content team to deliver promotional plan for content.
- Draft, edit, and circulate for feedback approximately 1-2 marketing emails a week for various targeted content campaigns.
- Publish and send marketing emails to target audiences on email software (after training period).
- Ad hoc marketing assignments such as editing marketing emails or other team members, or brainstorming taglines for special or seasonal campaigns.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Two to three years writing consumer-facing content for lifestyle or tech brands.
- A strong, consistent, conversational writing tone.
- Experience working within and reporting to cross-functional teams.
- Experience researching trending topics among target audiences.
- Experience pitching and collaborating on content ideas and campaigns.
- Able to channel creator-first focus and empathy.
- A willingness and confidence to learn software and systems.
- Solid time management skills, and can work under deadline pressures.
- Passion for and interest in Patreon and our mission.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- How To Patreon! You’ll be an empathetic expert regarding our product.
- All about the creative class! You’ll discover amazing artists and makers from all walks of life that will inspire you.
- Content marketing strategy, including how to build ecosystems between content, social, email, and product marketing.
- Editorial calendar planning and execution.
- Analytical software to help inform the content strategy.
- Publishing, distribution, and promotion software.
- Audience assessment, how to build personas and write for the right people.
- Cross-functional reporting, and inter-departmental communications.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.