Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator, so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Patreon is looking for someone with a strong background in Trust and Safety to join our growing team. Patreon deals with payment processing and content hosting, two areas that come with a huge number of risk factors. As a Trust and Safety Content Representative, you will protect Patreon and our creators from the risks we face. If you enjoy thinking about new and creative ways to stop online abuse and proactively identify potential issues, then this is the perfect role for you.
What you would do:
- Investigate users reported for violations of our content policy.
- When violations are found, reach out to the users and take appropriate corrective action.
- Investigate and respond to inquiries from users in areas of responsibility owned by the Content & Policy team.
- Help research and implement best practices as we build our Content & Policy team.
Skills you possess:
- 1-2 years of Trust and Safety experience, preferably relating to content policy.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume startup environment.
- Able to balance empathy with skepticism while investigating potential violations.
- Interest in recording and analyzing data to find trends.
- Passion for and interest in Patreon and our mission.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Identify policy gray areas and make recommendations
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Judgment and communication skills as you balance enforcing the rules with deep empathy for creators and world class customer service.
- Encyclopedic knowledge of trust and safety responsibilities for a platform that processes payments and hosts user generated content, including: content policy enforcement, abusive users and takedown notices.