Patreon is looking for someone with a strong background in content moderation to join our growing team. Patreon deals with payment processing and content hosting, two areas that come with a huge number of risk factors. As a Content and Escalation specialist you will protect Patreon and our creators from the risks we face. If you enjoy thinking about new and creative ways to moderate content and stop online abuse then this is the perfect role for you.
We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator, so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
What you would do:
- Review accounts for potential content violations including potentially sensitive or graphic content.
- Work closely with creators and educate them about best practice.
- Work with Data Science and Engineering to find ways to surface new trends in content violations.
- Help in developing and implementing policies.
- Work on reports to deep dive into and spearhead investigations to be shared across multiple stakeholders.
- Develop strong relationships with the engineer and product team to find scalable solutions to content moderation.
- Can handle high pressure working environment and lack of clarity.
- Experience working closely with Data Science teams to build high functioning output presentation decks.
Skills you possess:
- 2 to 4 years of Trust and Safety on content moderation and escalations.
- Ability to resolve high profile escalations and PR situations with ease.
- Experience working from a queue with changing priorities.
- Experience in developing and implementing policies.
- Experience working with tools and developing tools.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume startup environment.
- Able to balance empathy with skepticism while investigating potential content violations.
- Interest in recording and analyzing data to find trends.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Passion for and interest in Patreon and our mission.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Judgment and communication skills as you balance the world of abuse and policy.
- Ability to scale a trust and safety team at a fast-growing startup as we automate sophisticated tools for content violations.
- Encyclopedic knowledge of trust and safety responsibilities for a platform that processes payments and hosts user-generated content.
- Speak another language