Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we're looking for a Site Reliability Engineer.
What you will do:
- You'll help Patreon scale the foundation of a platform that helps creators pay rent and enables higher levels of creativity.
- You'll establish a standard of high availability and reliability for Patreon's production systems.
- You'll influence the direction of our technical roadmap.
- Create and administer infrastructure -- cloud services, hosts, monitoring tools -- for highly reliable and scalable web applications and data stores.
- Build automated tooling to configure and maintain our systems and services.
- Identify and solve issues in our stack.
- Work closely with your peers in security and engineering.
- Participate in an on-call rotation ~1 week per month.
Projects you might work on:
- Leveling up how we approach and handle logging.
- Improving our deploy pipeline.
- Revamp our approach to alerting.
- Working with our security team to improve the security of our infrastructure.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have experience in DevOps or Site Reliability for a company experiencing fast-paced growth.
- You are knowledgable in configuration management with a framework such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- You're comfortable with AWS, Linux, and MySQL can operate all of them from the CLI.
- You are proficient with a programming language like Python or Ruby, and with shell scripting.
- Your documentation, collaboration, and verbal communication skills are excellent.
- You are inclined to automate, but can discern when automation isn't the best solution and present alternatives.
- You've worked with continuous integration and deployment systems, and have ideas about how to build and improve those systems.
- You strongly believe in the importance of security, and enjoy the idea of partnering with the security team to ensure the integrity of our customers' data.
- You have productive habits, healthy process awareness, and good teamwork skills and instincts.
We are open to hiring for the role in the following states:
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid.
- You believe the best products are built with a human-centered design process.
- You love to design impactful, well crafted experiences.
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn